Sree Konaseema Bhanoji Ramars College was established in 1951. On 2-7-1951 the College was formally inaugurated in an auspicious manner by Sri.J.V.Bhanoji Ramars, Chief Donor by performing a ‘PUJA’ at Board High School, Amalapuram. This was the only college in the entire KONASEEMA in those days, and the third college in the EAST GODAVARI DISTRICT. The college was named after the grand father of Late. J.V.B. Ramars, Zamindar of Peruru and Chief Donor, whose munificent donation of Rs.1,00,000/-(Rupees One Lakh) helped in establishing the college. College was officially inaugurated on 12-10-1951 by Hon’ble Sri Bezawada Gopala Reddy then Finance Minister and Prochancellor, Andhra University. Sri Kala Venkata Rao, then Health Minister and Dr.V.S.Krishna, Vice-Chancellor, graced the occasion. It was started with 163 students in Intermediate Classes in the Zilla Parishad High School, Amalapuram temporarily and affiliated to Andhra University. The Management made efforts to acquire a site in Amalapuram and succeeded in purchasing the present site, where the college is situated. In the second year of the establishment, the College acquired about 4 acres of land and started classes in its own premises from 1-8-1952 where there was an old rice mill shed. In 1953, the college started the Degree Classes with B.A., and attained full status of a Degree College. Gradually, it started courses in B.Sc., B.Com., etc. Successive Managements from time to time made efforts to develop the college under the stewardship of Sri. N. Ramabhadra Raju, the Founder President. The college made great strides in development and progress. The college attained the reputation of being one of the best Colleges in the State in Discipline, Instruction and results. Since then the college has been maintaining student strength of 3000 to 4000.