Sree Konaseema Bhanoji Ramars College was established in 1951.
On 2-7-1951 the College was formally inaugurated in an auspicious manner by Sri.J.V.Bhanoji Ramars, Chief Donor by performing a ‘PUJA’ at Board High School, Amalapuram. This was the only college in the entire KONASEEMA in those days, and the third college in the EAST GODAVARI DISTRICT. The college was named after the grand father of Late. J.V.B. Ramars, Zamindar of Peruru and Chief Donor, whose munificent donation of Rs.1,00,000/-(Rupees One Lakh) helped in establishing the college. College was officially inaugurated on 12-10-1951 by Hon’ble Sri Bezawada Gopala Reddy then Finance Minister and Prochancellor, Andhra University. Sri Kala Venkata Rao, then Health Minister and Dr.V.S.Krishna, Vice-Chancellor, graced the occasion. It was started with 163 students in Intermediate Classes in the Zilla Parishad High School, Amalapuram temporarily and affiliated to Andhra University. The Management made efforts to acquire a site in Amalapuram and succeeded in purchasing the present site, where the college is situated. In the second year of the establishment, the College acquired about 4 acres of land and started classes in its own premises from 1-8-1952 where there was an old rice mill shed. In 1953, the college started the Degree Classes with B.A., and attained full status of a Degree College. Gradually, it started courses in B.Sc., B.Com., etc. Successive Managements from time to time made efforts to develop the college under the stewardship of Sri. N. Ramabhadra Raju, the Founder President. The college made great strides in development and progress. The college attained the reputation of being one of the best Colleges in the State in Discipline, Instruction and results. Since then the college has been maintaining student strength of 3000 to 4000.
The opening function of college at High School Premises by Sri J.V.S.RAMARS Chief Donor on 2-7-1951
In accordance with the modern educational policy and needs, the college introduced restructured courses in Computer Science, Electronics, Fisheries, Local-Self Government and Management studies in 1980. Recognised by U.G.C. and Andhra University, this college has several buildings, vast play-ground bound by a compound wall in about 23 acres of Land. The College students always stood first / second in Intercollegiate competitions and in Games and Sports at the State Level, particularly in Basket Ball, Kabaddi and Shuttle Badminton. The college Zoology Museum is well known and appreciated by NAAC Peer team as the ‘Best’. In 1999, the college is elevated to the Post-Graduate Level by introducing M.Sc., in Computer Science and MCA Course was started in 2001. Then started B.Sc. Biotechnology, Petrochemicals and Biochemistry from the academic year 2002-03. The college started M.Sc. Organic Chemistry in 2006 and M.Sc. Biotechnology, MBA in 2008, M.A. English & MHRM in 2009. The college has separate Laboratories for Computers with over 200 Systems for MCA & B.Sc. & B.Com. etc. The college has developed laboratory for Biotechnology, well equipped which is unique of its kind in Andhra University area. A separate P.G. Library and Seminar Hall are provided. The college started B.Ed., Course from the academic year 2002-03, and the S.K.B.R. College of Education was inaugurated on 08-05-2003. The long felt need of Konaseema people is fulfilled by this achievement. The college of Education is established in a decent two-storied building which is convenient to Teacher Trainees. Shortly the College will be starting Diploma in Elementary Education.
Founder President Late Sri N.RamaBhadra Raju
The college celebrated its GOLDEN JUBILEE in June,2002 in a most befitting and grand manner. Several Educationists, Literates and prominent Old students attended the functions and were honoured. The college is situated in an area of 23 acres of land with compound wall all around and B.T. Roads inside. It has separate Laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Statistics, Computer Science, Electronics, Biotechnology, Petrochemicals and Bio-Chemistry each located in separate R.C.C. buildings with adequate Teakwood furniture and well equipped apparatus. It has a two storied separate Library Building containing nearly 80,000 books relating to all the faculties apart from Departmental Libraries. The college is having good adequate number of 50 R.C.C. Lecture halls each with enough furniture. It has a Play Ground in 12 acres of land. The College has well equipped Gym. Shortly under the UGC Grants College will be completing Indoor Stadium, and Outdoor Stadium with Pavilion, Running track etc. The College has NCC and NSS on its extra curricular activities besides games and sports. The College has a Women’s Hostel which is constructed with UGC Grants of `.80 Lakhs and can accommodate 200 girl students. The college has been making its best efforts in providing placement opportunities for its students. This college is an identified JKC and JKC-IEG center to train the students so as to be suitable for placements.
The College is having the Teaching faculties in English, Telugu, Hindi, and Sanskrit as Languages. Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Zoology, Fisheries, Biochemistry, Petrochemicals, Computer Science, Electronics in Science courses History, Politics, Economics, Public Administration, Management Studies, Commerce in Arts. The college has 9 Ph.Ds and 20 M.Phils on the Rolls of teaching faculty. The total strength of U.G. Aided Teaching Faculty is 32 and Unaided 57. The Aided Non-Teaching Staff 19 and Unaided Non-Teaching Staff are 47 in number. P.G. Teaching Staff 34 and Non-Teaching Staff 23 and B.Ed. Teaching Staff 12 and Non-Teaching Staff 5. The total salaries of employees of the college will be about Rupees 30 (Thirty) Lakhs per month.
The Post Graduate College is separated from the Degree College with effect from 18-08-2010 by order of the APSCHE in its Proceedings No.210/APSCHE/SECY/PG-Bifurcation-01/AU-SKBR/2010-11, dated 18-08-2010 and a separate status is accorded for S.K.B.R. P.G. College. Andhra University also has approved the same. There are now seven P.G. Courses in the P.G. College. Besides formal education, the management has also started distance mode of education to help those people who could not get the benefit of formal Education. Accordingly, A.U. School of Distance Education, B.R. Ambedkar Open University, have their study centers on our campus. The College Management is striving hard to start some more new P.G., U.G. courses and Professional Courses and develop the college. The college was accredited with B++ GRADE UNDER NAAC.
Secretary & Correspondent,
S.K.B.R. College Governing Body,
E.G. District (A.P)-533201